This community is home to about 100 inhabitants, mainly dedicated to livestock and milk production and its derivatives, in addition to agriculture such as pineapple, bananas, and tubers, given the warm and humid climate conditions it usually has. In addition to agriculture such as pineapple, bananas, and tubers, given the warm and humid climate conditions it usually has. The Juanilama Ecological Reserve has a primary forest of 25 hectares, with impressive flora, fauna, and waterfalls, bordered to the northeast by the Pocosol River and Quebrada La Leona. Accommodation is available in the village: Homestay: a family atmosphere where you will be treated as a member of the family. You will have a private room and bathroom with your host family.
The hotel features:
- Daily cleaning service
- Wifi (common areas)
- Activities (optional)
Rates: 01st December 2023 to 30 November 2024.
Included: Net Rates per person – included 13 %, breakfast.
- Farmer’s Tour (08.00 / 12.00 / 04.00). Duration approx 2 hours: $26.00 p.P.
- Hike (2km) to La Leona Reserve and waterfall (08.00 / 02.00 last admission): $20.00 p.P.
- Cooking classes (08.00 / 11.00 / 05.00). Duration 2 hours: $23.00 p.P.
- Dairy tour and cheese tasting (08.00 / 03.00). Duration 2 ½ hours: $23.00 p.P.
- Craft / recycling workshop or classes on how to make handmade soap or cards with banana balsam paper / (between 08.00 – 05.00). Duration 2 hours: $21.00 p.P. (2 – max. 9 persons).
- Dance classes with Eli: $14.00 p.P.
Some of our recommendations to make your experience the best:
- Snacks, sweets, energy bars
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Pants, long or short, swimsuit
- Coat or raincoat for rain
- Bottle of water (enough water)
- Good physical condition
- Sun protection
- Hat, visor or cap
- Walking sticks